Mrs. G’s sweet and spicy Ja-Ha jelly combines perfectly with The Spanish Tin‘s Smoky Spanish BBQ Rub in a delicious glaze with just the right amount of heat for tender steak skewers. These smoky-sweet skewers are quick and easy enough to get on the weeknight dinner table, “fancy-pants” enough to serve to company. Yum.
Smoky Spicy Skewers
Published on October 16, 2016 | In Spanish | By Mrs G |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/2 cup Mrs. G's Ja-Ha pepper jelly
- 1/2 tsp smoky BBQ rub (I use The Spanish Tin's Smoky Spanish BBQ Rub)
- 1 lb boneless good quality steak, pork or chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Baby pattypan squash
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- For glaze, combine jelly with the BBQ Rub and warm until the jelly is melted. Remove from heat.
- In a small, covered saucepan, cook squash in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Alternately thread meat, squash and tomatoes on skewers. Grill skewers according to your gas or charcoal grill instructions, glazing the skewers with the reserved glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.