This is just simply a delicious way to pamper yourself or a loved one – and it’s easy! My good friend, Laurie Vengoechea, a talented photographer and creative cook, has produced a wonderful scone recipe infusing Mrs. G’s Ja-Ha jelly! Visit her beautiful blog at A Favored Life.
Pepper Jelly Scones
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 c flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 sticks cold unsalted butter, diced (24 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp Mrs G’s Ja-Ha Pepper Jelly
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c minus 2 tbsp cold heavy cream
- 2 tbsp milk (to brush on scones before baking)
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 c confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Mrs G’s Ja-Ha Pepper Jelly
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine 4 cups flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, and salt in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Blend in the cold butter and 2 Tablespoons of pepper jelly at the lowest speed and mix until the butter is in pea-sized pieces.
- Combine the eggs and heavy cream and quickly add to the flour/butter mixture. Combine until just blended. The dough may be a bit sticky.
- Place the dough out onto a floured surface, push together till combined. Flour your hands and a rolling pin and roll the dough out to 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick. You will see lumps of butter in the dough. Cut into circles with a 4-inch fluted cookie cutter. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the scones with milk.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the outsides are crisp and the insides are done.
- For the Glaze: Mix all ingredients together in a small pot till well combined! Drizzle abundantly over your the scones.
Hear our Story
Who is Mrs. G and how did she turn her love for homemade hot pepper jellies into a thriving business?